Never ever hit your dog.
2. Never ever yell at, or around, your dog.
3. Always treat a dog with love and respect.
4. Always treat your dog like your best friend.
5. Don't forget that dogs have feelings, just like you.
6. Never let your dog run loose (loose dog
+ car = dead dog).
7. Always treat your dog the way you would like to be treated.
8. When training your dog, never loose your patience or get angry.
9. Never use your hands on a dog except to pet, care for and show
10. Never use anything on a dog that will inflict pain or hurt
(such as a newspaper).
added amendment just for good measure:
Don't play wild or roughly around, or with, your dog.
NOTE: These rules are for ALL animals!